Tuesday, December 6, 2011
RichFaces 4.1.0.CR2 Release Announcement
We are announcing the release of RichFaces 4.1.0.CR2, a second release candidate for RichFaces 4.1. We had a couple of regressions that were introduced in the 4.1.0.CR1 release that we’ve addressed in the with this CR2 release. The expectation is that CR2 will be re-tagged and released as 4.1.0.Final, provided no blocking issues are found. Our QE team has done a great job running their test suite against this release, but I encourage as many community members as possible to download the CR2 release, and make sure it’s “up to snuff”!
To try out this release, you can download the distribution directly, or for maven users increment the RichFaces version in your pom.xml to 4.1.0.CR2. For more information on setting up a RichFaces 4 application, refer to our getting started guide.
In addition to addressing the above regressions, our CR2 release has addressed a couple other noteworthy issues.
- showcase tweaks: improving the user experience on both desktop and mobile
- archetype improvements: including the addition of an option for creating a mobile project
- skins: warning messages had an unreadable color on a white background – (warningColor) [RF-11673]
- rich:inplaceInput: a fix for client side validation [RF-11633]
- rich:dataTable: a fix for a regression effecting component decoding [RF-11675]
- rich:calendar: a fix for a regression selecting dates in the popup [RF-11677]
- rich:pickList: a bug converting java arrays when used as backing beans [RF-11680]
- rich:fileUpload: A bug where the list of files in the event omitted the submitted files [RF-11744]
- rich:extendedDataTable: removed cellpadding/cellspacing from EDT, replaced with appropriate CSS [RF-11759]
Please test drive this second release candidate, and give us your feedback in either the forums or with our issue tracker. We’ll soon have a 4.1.0.Final release we all can be proud of, for the work we put into it as a community!