Hands on with the jQuery UI widget factory
The jQuery UI widget factory provides a mechanism to develop stateful jQuery plug-ins. Defining a plug-in lifecycle allows the removal of excessive boilerplate code.
In this session, we will:
- Learn how to develop jQuery plug-ins using the jQuery UI widget factory.
- Explore the widget factory lifecycle, with a focus on creating visual plug-ins (widgets).
- Discuss best practices in widget development.
- Explore some pitfalls of developing stateful widgets.
- Incorporate a responsive design into widgets using the Bootstrap 3 CSS library, which allows widgets to adapt to mobile phones, tablets, and desktop displays.
- Conclude with an overview of the RichWidget widget set, laying out the groundwork for your contributions to the project.
Share this post